Skip to main content

MY HOME. HIS HOUSE

UNBELIEVABLE!

I'm on my way to becoming a first time home owner. And the process has been nothing short of Daddy God's provision and direction.


PSALM 131 : SIMPLE TRUST IN THE LORD
"Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me. Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel (Grace), hope in the Lord from this time forth and forever." 


A PLACE OF REFUGE, STRENGTH, JOY & HOPE. 
A PLACE TO HOST HIS SWEET PRESENCE. 
A PLACE WHERE HIS LIGHT WILL SHINE. 

Was inspired by the feature on the couple who opened up their home to troubled youths and in my heart, I prayed I too can be like them. The house hunting journey started with exploring a private property and the lure of a luxurious lifestyle was so confronting. Upon deciding to give that up and continue searching for a resale flat, I felt so much at peace. I had the assurance that what I will eventually own will not be anything less; needless to say, it will be the best.

Never would I have thought that I would be viewing a 5rm-flat and it would be the same blk as Ben & Queenie. Upon entering the unit, I felt an immediate liking. It felt like a HOME. Apart from the well-maintained furnishings and flooring, it was just the homely vibes that attracted me. Asking price was 510k and I just prayed and committed to God. It was slightly above my budget of 500k but I didn't want to be anxious or fretful. Was reminded not to stinge on His behalf and the range of 485-490k was impressed upon my heart.

As it would turn out, the sellers actually concluded to accept the price of 488k! A feat only God can perform surely.


"When we commit our way to God, we lift all the burdens of our waiting from our frail shoulders and roll them onto our Father. We wake up each morning, feel the dull weight of disappointment settle over us, and then go to our Father in prayer. We set each hope, anxiety, and sorrow before him. We name them specifically. And then, by faith, we roll them upon God: “Father, will you please carry these for me? I know you can. I believe you will. Please help my unbelief.”
And we walk away with this great assurance: “He will act” (Psalm 37:5). He may not give the gift we’re waiting for. But he will shelter us with his presence (Psalm 37:28). He will uphold our fainting souls (Psalm 37:17, 24). And he will give us the grace to be content with what we have, however little (Psalm 37:16).
In the end, we will see that he has withheld no good thing (Psalm 84:11). Our futures are never safer than when we roll them into God’s hands."

When you are aligned with His Kingdom purposes, God’s assignment comes upon us. This assignment is His responsibility to provide for us.

This year has been one of 2 major milestones - career switch &home ownership. The one thing that I've learnt through it all is that about WAITING & COMMITTING.  

There's simply no other way. 

My prayer now is for those who enter through the doors of my house to experience the JOY OF THE LORD. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perspective

Sitting down in front of the computer and listening to 'All The Earth' for the 10th time. Its Anais's off day and we have been trying to upload our pictures onto Facebook. I've got my Day 1 up but poor Ana, still trying to get hers up! Have been in Cambodia for 5 days and returning to Singapore on thursday. Previously, time seem to snail by but as I browsed through the pictures taken of the past few days, I realised that its not that slow after all. Coming to Cambodia this time was different. Was supposed to lead a team to LIA but ended up not because of lack of preparation time and inadequate response. Anyhow, I just felt I should make a personal trip up to see for myself the work at LIA and sense what God is doing in this land. Prior to the trip, I've been reading about Cambodia's news and they just appear everyday in the papers. Well it can't be more clear than this so I went. Followed Anais as she goes to and fro the b oys' & girls' home to t

Breather

Back from a Sec 3 level camp in JB, Tanjung Piai. Thought I could have the week's off to clear my brain's cache and prepare my lesson plans but alas...I'm down for ODAC camp and sec 4s' oral exam mock practice! When can I have my breather???? Sometimes I wonder whether returning to a familiar place is good for me after all. I'm like on the 'Wanted' list for this committee, that committee, this event, that event etc. Not that I'm popular or high-in-demand, its just that I'm nicely available. I'm not usually mindful of taking on responsibilities. Its just that during these 10 weeks, I reckon is a crucial component of my NIE understudy and I am not wanting to settle for something less in my planning (although i really hate lesson plannings!). But I'm so stretched! I feel like screaming: " GIVE ME MY SPACE!" To say the least, I'm feeling stressed. Most unfortunately, I'm not given the option to say 'No'. Not until I get

Eat....Laugh....Be Merry!

Anais and myself finally satisfied our craving for chilli crab...after 2 weeks! YESSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH.........:) happy happy! Together with Ben, Brian and my sis, we headed to Sembawang to indulge in some seafood delicacies that included huge cereal prawns and stingray. It was also a form of celebration for Anais who graduated not too long ago! You bet we were so stuffed after that! Anais still wanted ice-cream after the meal but we were already max. out in terms of stomach's space and capacity. Yummy food was of course the highlight but what was more memorable was the company. First time hanging out with Ben and Brian and it turned out to be a hilarious time! Good food eaten with 'happening' people makes it even more tasty. I treasured this time of fellowshipping as I got to see a different side of people and getting to know them better. More of such makan sessions is good for bonding! Singaporean leh..:) From left: Ben, Jasmine (sis), me, Anais and Brian Happy we went, tota