Skip to main content

Memorable Memories

Below are some of the jolly good times I had with some of my friends from church. Many of them are my little girlies whom I 'look after' in my youth ministry. I love them lots! Not a single time when I was with them did I feel bored or sian..in fact being with them brings out the childlikeness in me and I am so grateful for everyone of them who loves me and also like spending their time with me! :) Looking from some of the pics, I realised most of my hang out times involved food! Friends who eat together stay together!!!!!

Lim Xi and Alysson enjoying their treat at Secrets Receipe. There was the Chocoloate Banana (SR's hot cake!) and Macademia Cheesecake.

I had the Carrot Cake! And look at Alysson - her expression says it all. Lim Xi on the other hand, was able to contain her satisfaction pretty well haha...but they both ravished their cakes! But me.....

I so could not finish my portion! The cake was huge can! And the creamy cheesy layer on top didn't whet my appetite much also! Think it will be the first and last time I eat the carrot cake from Secret Recipe. The gals and I have yet to complete our mission i.e. to try out every of the cakes available at Secret Recipes! So far we have done 6 ...not sure how many to go but after their 'O's, we sure to whack the cakes again!!! Here we come.....


This was JYC's 3rd anniversary (I think). Look at how young I was then. Believe I look younger now! Haha..Beside me are Joanne Chua and Alysson! They looked so kiddish then but they have since grown up and looking every bit a beautiful princess! Joanne is now serving as a leader at JYC and I am so proud of her. Alysson needs no introduction...:)

Miaofeng, Ying Nuo and Sam. Sam is also now a leader with JYC. These gals are a wonderful testimony of how God uses this ministry to not just touch & transform lives but in turn using them to be a catalyst for change in other people's lives as well. Looking at this picture really encourages me much!



The above 3 pictures show my running buddies. Uncle Kevin, Ben Soh and Sharon. I ran my first marathon with them and our friendship became solid as a rock through all our gruelling trainings. Ben is now doing his missionary course in Perth but whenever he returns for a visit, we never fail to meet up. We may not have ran marathons together again, but we will continue to run on in the race of life together, cheering one another on.


JYC's first Over-n-Out event where we had a feast of hotdog buns with homemade bolognaise sauce, freshly made nuggest and fries. Plus we had entertainment from the Transformers and then a night of Record Breaking games! The finale to the night before we hit the sack was a sweet sweet time of Ice-Cream party! Absolutely sinful but so delicious it was impossible to resist!

The JYC leaders. My very strong team. We look so happy together right? We are. Every one of them is a gift and working alongside with them to see lives change is a privilege and I would never want to trade that for anything else. We having missing people in the pic - Lionel who was at work at the point where we took the picture and dearest At. Licheng who is away in China. Who can forget about her? She's our fantastic role model and we all miss her much!


Comments

YoNg quAn said…
Yo Grace! Ben Soh's my OCS mate!! Heheheh..last time i heard was he didnt plan to go University after he got a plan and decided to do missionary work. How is he?!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Perspective

Sitting down in front of the computer and listening to 'All The Earth' for the 10th time. Its Anais's off day and we have been trying to upload our pictures onto Facebook. I've got my Day 1 up but poor Ana, still trying to get hers up! Have been in Cambodia for 5 days and returning to Singapore on thursday. Previously, time seem to snail by but as I browsed through the pictures taken of the past few days, I realised that its not that slow after all. Coming to Cambodia this time was different. Was supposed to lead a team to LIA but ended up not because of lack of preparation time and inadequate response. Anyhow, I just felt I should make a personal trip up to see for myself the work at LIA and sense what God is doing in this land. Prior to the trip, I've been reading about Cambodia's news and they just appear everyday in the papers. Well it can't be more clear than this so I went. Followed Anais as she goes to and fro the b oys' & girls' home to t

Breather

Back from a Sec 3 level camp in JB, Tanjung Piai. Thought I could have the week's off to clear my brain's cache and prepare my lesson plans but alas...I'm down for ODAC camp and sec 4s' oral exam mock practice! When can I have my breather???? Sometimes I wonder whether returning to a familiar place is good for me after all. I'm like on the 'Wanted' list for this committee, that committee, this event, that event etc. Not that I'm popular or high-in-demand, its just that I'm nicely available. I'm not usually mindful of taking on responsibilities. Its just that during these 10 weeks, I reckon is a crucial component of my NIE understudy and I am not wanting to settle for something less in my planning (although i really hate lesson plannings!). But I'm so stretched! I feel like screaming: " GIVE ME MY SPACE!" To say the least, I'm feeling stressed. Most unfortunately, I'm not given the option to say 'No'. Not until I get

Eat....Laugh....Be Merry!

Anais and myself finally satisfied our craving for chilli crab...after 2 weeks! YESSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH.........:) happy happy! Together with Ben, Brian and my sis, we headed to Sembawang to indulge in some seafood delicacies that included huge cereal prawns and stingray. It was also a form of celebration for Anais who graduated not too long ago! You bet we were so stuffed after that! Anais still wanted ice-cream after the meal but we were already max. out in terms of stomach's space and capacity. Yummy food was of course the highlight but what was more memorable was the company. First time hanging out with Ben and Brian and it turned out to be a hilarious time! Good food eaten with 'happening' people makes it even more tasty. I treasured this time of fellowshipping as I got to see a different side of people and getting to know them better. More of such makan sessions is good for bonding! Singaporean leh..:) From left: Ben, Jasmine (sis), me, Anais and Brian Happy we went, tota