Skip to main content

A MAGICAL NIGHT

26 September - Friday
Event: Inter-GSEL Mini Olympics (Floorball)

What a night to remember - night of the underdogs!

We came out of nowhere to emerge 2nd in the floorball event :)
How much more magical can that get???
The most unbelievable part is we went into the competition expecting to get thrashed in the 1st round and we could all happily head home. We even contemplated disbanding the FB team to pump in more players for the basketball event but thank God we didn't. It was just a night of expecting the unexpected :)

Without the magical team, there would be no magical night to relish about. Everyone of us just played to our best, regardless of our levels of proficiencies (FYI: a few are non-sporty pple and 1st time touching FB sticks!) and how amazingly did we gel as a team and simply powered our way through the various qualifying rounds.

This magical team was cool as cucumber in every game but we left with style and victory and of course, lots of memories to hold on to! And of course we were all beaming with RADIANCE!

Charting the magically glorious moments

1. Met at 6pm to gather and change. Fathie (below) all decked in an intimidating attire -attitude tee and dragon berms! Haha...if there was a "Best attired" award for the night, I would vote for him!

2. 6.45pm: Watch the BB team played. They lost but nonetheless put up a solid fight as well! Equally proud of them :)

3. 7.15pm : FB's team 1st victory .....OUR OPPONENT WALKED OVER! So we qualified for the next round (Top 8). Quiet and really silent victory. We won with real cool style! :)

4. 7.20pm : Had a full dinner (30mins before our game...how power we can be yah). We returned and still feeling no pressure. See..we stilll looked so composed! We even arranged to go Macs for dessert after the match! Who knows...

5. 8pm : Had time to practice so we grabbed out sticks and that was the first time we played together. No warm up or practice sessions before that! But we had fun :)

6. 8.20pm : Played our 1st match. Aida shot in our 1st goal! YEAH!

7. 8.30PM : Embraced our 1st victory. Spirits soared. Still shocked over our feat but geared up for next round. By now..we were panting! 3 of my teammates just broke fast and it was tough on them..but THEY STILL PLAYED LIKE CHAMPIONS!


8. 8.50PM : Played the quater final round. Tougher match. But we won. Yours truly scored the 1st penalty shoot in. Haha amazingly fluked!

9. 9pm : Played the semi-finals round. Feeling more tired. Anyhow whacked ball alr. But we pressed on and played harder! Again no goals scored by either team...until yours truly scored penalty again! Fluke? Not for the 2nd time right? hahahaha....we were seriously amused by all that took place!

10. 9.10pm : Played another match (don't know what qualifying round this is). Fathie scored our 4th goal. How? Magically! Haha..we gave a long shot to our goal side and no defence covering the area..Fathie ran and ran and SCORED! :)


11. 9.30pm : Played the finals. Though contended with our position but we still wanted to give our bestest shot. Unfortunately this time, yours truly did not get the penalty shot through. Missed by a tiny whiny bit! Hit the side....but who cares! We ARE 2ND!!!!




12. 10pm: Took a group shot with all the other winning teams (both basketball and floorball)

13. 10.15pm: $$$$$$$$$ moment! For getting 2nd, we got $150 for our project! Signing the acknowledgement form that we will be getting our kaching! Hehhee..yeah but its not about the money at the end of the day.


THE MAGIC TEAM!
From left: Fathie , KeRui, Amy, me, Aida, Syaban and Liwei

Thank you dudes and dudettes for the wonderful time! I will never ever forget this night. The laughter, fight on court and of course the friendship! Don't think anyone of us will ever forget wat took place. In Aida's words, we can make a movie out of this experience. One sure comic relief!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perspective

Sitting down in front of the computer and listening to 'All The Earth' for the 10th time. Its Anais's off day and we have been trying to upload our pictures onto Facebook. I've got my Day 1 up but poor Ana, still trying to get hers up! Have been in Cambodia for 5 days and returning to Singapore on thursday. Previously, time seem to snail by but as I browsed through the pictures taken of the past few days, I realised that its not that slow after all. Coming to Cambodia this time was different. Was supposed to lead a team to LIA but ended up not because of lack of preparation time and inadequate response. Anyhow, I just felt I should make a personal trip up to see for myself the work at LIA and sense what God is doing in this land. Prior to the trip, I've been reading about Cambodia's news and they just appear everyday in the papers. Well it can't be more clear than this so I went. Followed Anais as she goes to and fro the b oys' & girls' home to t

Breather

Back from a Sec 3 level camp in JB, Tanjung Piai. Thought I could have the week's off to clear my brain's cache and prepare my lesson plans but alas...I'm down for ODAC camp and sec 4s' oral exam mock practice! When can I have my breather???? Sometimes I wonder whether returning to a familiar place is good for me after all. I'm like on the 'Wanted' list for this committee, that committee, this event, that event etc. Not that I'm popular or high-in-demand, its just that I'm nicely available. I'm not usually mindful of taking on responsibilities. Its just that during these 10 weeks, I reckon is a crucial component of my NIE understudy and I am not wanting to settle for something less in my planning (although i really hate lesson plannings!). But I'm so stretched! I feel like screaming: " GIVE ME MY SPACE!" To say the least, I'm feeling stressed. Most unfortunately, I'm not given the option to say 'No'. Not until I get

Eat....Laugh....Be Merry!

Anais and myself finally satisfied our craving for chilli crab...after 2 weeks! YESSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH.........:) happy happy! Together with Ben, Brian and my sis, we headed to Sembawang to indulge in some seafood delicacies that included huge cereal prawns and stingray. It was also a form of celebration for Anais who graduated not too long ago! You bet we were so stuffed after that! Anais still wanted ice-cream after the meal but we were already max. out in terms of stomach's space and capacity. Yummy food was of course the highlight but what was more memorable was the company. First time hanging out with Ben and Brian and it turned out to be a hilarious time! Good food eaten with 'happening' people makes it even more tasty. I treasured this time of fellowshipping as I got to see a different side of people and getting to know them better. More of such makan sessions is good for bonding! Singaporean leh..:) From left: Ben, Jasmine (sis), me, Anais and Brian Happy we went, tota