Skip to main content

My Home in NIE

HUMBLE ABODE ATOP A HILL
















These 2 shots were taken just at the entrance to my room. By the way, for those who didn't know, my room is situated in the very hall that's found on a little hill! To me its the centre of this 'Nanyang Universe' because it leads me to almost everywhere within walking distance! Not sure if its a blessing or a curse! :) And oh yes...my room is at the TOP LEVEL (6TH) but the view is good (if u can tell from my pics). It kinds of allow me to overlook the campus in front of my hall and the breeze (when it comes) is incredibly refreshing! In a nutshell, I am thankful for this little corner of Hall 8, that I'll be calling home for the next 1 year. But its not all that pleasant. Twice there was a black-out only at my level plus water was trickling down from the shower heads and taps! A few times, I had to stop showering as the water was pathetically little, and trudge down to the 4th level to continue my shower! Yeah...this is the not-so-wonderful aspect of my hall. Nonetheless, I look forward to getting to know the rest of my hall mates and more exciting fellowship ahead :)


My new family in NIE does not just pertain to the PE school but my new found friends in my GSEL (Group Endeavours Service Learning) project group. Personally, I really love my group! Working on the Project Runway has really bonded the group together pretty well. I can still recall how shy and quiet we were when we first met but the ice soon melted and we can really work well together. I think my group is 1 of the more efficient and 'onz' ones! Yeah man! RADIANCE ROCKS!!!!

Its rather cool how quickly the group is able to connect this well and work wise, everyone does chip in and is committed to making every of our effort count and I'm impressed by everyone's attitude and spirit! I count it a privilege to be able to know this bunch of people and to work alongside with one another. Am excited to see what kind of a project we will churn out and I believe, regardless of the result of the project, we will never forget the friendship that was developed and strengthened throughout this whole process.
This I believe is the essence of GSEL - Not the end point, but the journey we take as a team as well as our own's that matter.

Below are some snippets of our 1st group outing, and I am sure it won't be the last!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perspective

Sitting down in front of the computer and listening to 'All The Earth' for the 10th time. Its Anais's off day and we have been trying to upload our pictures onto Facebook. I've got my Day 1 up but poor Ana, still trying to get hers up! Have been in Cambodia for 5 days and returning to Singapore on thursday. Previously, time seem to snail by but as I browsed through the pictures taken of the past few days, I realised that its not that slow after all. Coming to Cambodia this time was different. Was supposed to lead a team to LIA but ended up not because of lack of preparation time and inadequate response. Anyhow, I just felt I should make a personal trip up to see for myself the work at LIA and sense what God is doing in this land. Prior to the trip, I've been reading about Cambodia's news and they just appear everyday in the papers. Well it can't be more clear than this so I went. Followed Anais as she goes to and fro the b oys' & girls' home to t

Breather

Back from a Sec 3 level camp in JB, Tanjung Piai. Thought I could have the week's off to clear my brain's cache and prepare my lesson plans but alas...I'm down for ODAC camp and sec 4s' oral exam mock practice! When can I have my breather???? Sometimes I wonder whether returning to a familiar place is good for me after all. I'm like on the 'Wanted' list for this committee, that committee, this event, that event etc. Not that I'm popular or high-in-demand, its just that I'm nicely available. I'm not usually mindful of taking on responsibilities. Its just that during these 10 weeks, I reckon is a crucial component of my NIE understudy and I am not wanting to settle for something less in my planning (although i really hate lesson plannings!). But I'm so stretched! I feel like screaming: " GIVE ME MY SPACE!" To say the least, I'm feeling stressed. Most unfortunately, I'm not given the option to say 'No'. Not until I get

Eat....Laugh....Be Merry!

Anais and myself finally satisfied our craving for chilli crab...after 2 weeks! YESSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH.........:) happy happy! Together with Ben, Brian and my sis, we headed to Sembawang to indulge in some seafood delicacies that included huge cereal prawns and stingray. It was also a form of celebration for Anais who graduated not too long ago! You bet we were so stuffed after that! Anais still wanted ice-cream after the meal but we were already max. out in terms of stomach's space and capacity. Yummy food was of course the highlight but what was more memorable was the company. First time hanging out with Ben and Brian and it turned out to be a hilarious time! Good food eaten with 'happening' people makes it even more tasty. I treasured this time of fellowshipping as I got to see a different side of people and getting to know them better. More of such makan sessions is good for bonding! Singaporean leh..:) From left: Ben, Jasmine (sis), me, Anais and Brian Happy we went, tota