Skip to main content

Breather

Back from a Sec 3 level camp in JB, Tanjung Piai. Thought I could have the week's off to clear my brain's cache and prepare my lesson plans but alas...I'm down for ODAC camp and sec 4s' oral exam mock practice! When can I have my breather???? Sometimes I wonder whether returning to a familiar place is good for me after all. I'm like on the 'Wanted' list for this committee, that committee, this event, that event etc. Not that I'm popular or high-in-demand, its just that I'm nicely available.


I'm not usually mindful of taking on responsibilities. Its just that during these 10 weeks, I reckon is a crucial component of my NIE understudy and I am not wanting to settle for something less in my planning (although i really hate lesson plannings!). But I'm so stretched! I feel like screaming: " GIVE ME MY SPACE!" To say the least, I'm feeling stressed. Most unfortunately, I'm not given the option to say 'No'. Not until I get a windfall and I can pay off my bond! Tee hee hee....
Alright, enough of ranting for now. Some snapshots of the campsite I was at during the last 3 days.
The main site where all the action is: General stations, river-crossing obstacles and paintball. No prize for guessing which was the kids' favourite activity.
Overview of the area where there was tree-climbing too. Sorry no close up shots simply because I was too lazy and yes...can't be bothered!
It was an idyllic resort campsite. Too good and comfy for the students, if you ask me. I would have enjoyed better if I was not bringing 347 kiddies. Seriously, an ultra chill-lax haunt and its a refreshing change from Phuket, Bali, Batam and the likes. Besides, it will sure to be cheaper I think!
If you know me, I am no fan of cats. In fact, I hate the feline family. But somehow this kitty won my heart. Maybe because it was tiny and vulnerable hence less malicious looking than the adults. There were 3 little ones roaming around the site as we did our reccee. I could not differentiate them. Anyway during the camp, one of them almost got trampled on by this blur sotong student who accidentally kicked it aside! I tell you...these days kids are really BLIND!
I was thinking of drafting out my lesson plans but I'm just worn out. Maybe I should just sleep and rest my tired body after the Biathlon yesterday and wake up early for the oral thingy tmr. Nowadays I wake up praying for a fresh perspective to what I do. Honestly, I'm asking and am figuring out if this is eventually the path I'm set on to take. Like my friend said, I have to somehow manage all these arrows of expectations that are firing at me from all directions. I am, trust me! And I sure hope I'm managing them properly. I guess I am because I'm not admitted to IMH yet! :)
Ok dokes...I will zzz. 明 天 会 更 好!I believe so!

Comments

Unknown said…
gracie, my sec 3 camp was in the same campsite lah!!! lol!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Perspective

Sitting down in front of the computer and listening to 'All The Earth' for the 10th time. Its Anais's off day and we have been trying to upload our pictures onto Facebook. I've got my Day 1 up but poor Ana, still trying to get hers up! Have been in Cambodia for 5 days and returning to Singapore on thursday. Previously, time seem to snail by but as I browsed through the pictures taken of the past few days, I realised that its not that slow after all. Coming to Cambodia this time was different. Was supposed to lead a team to LIA but ended up not because of lack of preparation time and inadequate response. Anyhow, I just felt I should make a personal trip up to see for myself the work at LIA and sense what God is doing in this land. Prior to the trip, I've been reading about Cambodia's news and they just appear everyday in the papers. Well it can't be more clear than this so I went. Followed Anais as she goes to and fro the b oys' & girls' home to t

Eat....Laugh....Be Merry!

Anais and myself finally satisfied our craving for chilli crab...after 2 weeks! YESSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH.........:) happy happy! Together with Ben, Brian and my sis, we headed to Sembawang to indulge in some seafood delicacies that included huge cereal prawns and stingray. It was also a form of celebration for Anais who graduated not too long ago! You bet we were so stuffed after that! Anais still wanted ice-cream after the meal but we were already max. out in terms of stomach's space and capacity. Yummy food was of course the highlight but what was more memorable was the company. First time hanging out with Ben and Brian and it turned out to be a hilarious time! Good food eaten with 'happening' people makes it even more tasty. I treasured this time of fellowshipping as I got to see a different side of people and getting to know them better. More of such makan sessions is good for bonding! Singaporean leh..:) From left: Ben, Jasmine (sis), me, Anais and Brian Happy we went, tota